From grit and grime to dirt and drama, city living can make all skin sensitive. That is why Simple
Skincare, a range of facial products that is sensitive to skin’s needs, is launching “Kind to City Skin”
– a global initiative designed to help women understand the impact that city living – both environmental and
lifestyle-related factors – can have on their faces.
|credit : via Pinterest|
While most women are already aware of skin-irritating behaviors to avoid, such as excessive sun
exposure or a diet rich in salty foods, a new survey* reveals a surprising truth – that women in the top 40
cities nationwide don’t realize the wear and tear their everyday lifestyle may be having on the health and
appearance of their skin.
In launching “Kind to City Skin,” Simple created a provocative time-lapse video and is also providing
information, tools and a range of products to help women’s city skin thrive. Simple knows what is left out
is as important as what is put in. Its cleansers, moisturizers, wipes and eye care products are kind to skin
– they contain no dyes, artificial perfumes or harsh irritants that can upset skin. The Simple range, which
helps women achieve natural, healthy-looking skin, also contains added vitamins and skin-loving ingredients.
Watch this !
The Simple brand’s time-lapse video dramatically depicts the potential effects city living can have on a
woman’s face in just 14 days.While the skin damage in the video was created using makeup and special effects, the dramatization is grounded in insights, expertise and research, led by Simple® Advisory Board member and Board Certified Dermatologist Dr. Debra Luftman and Unilever scientists.
Holistic Skincare Habits across the Country:
Nearly 9 in 10 (89%) women describe their skincare habits as “healthy,” yet their actual behaviors show there is room for improvement :
• A Surprising Cleansing Calendar – More than a quarter (27%) report that the longest they’ve
gone without washing their face is at least two days. Simple® makes implementing a cleansing
regimen a cinch with gentle yet effective facial cleansers and wipes to remove grime and dirt that
can clog pores and cause irritation.
• Being Attentive to the Elements – Fifty-nine percent (59%) are not actively trying to protect skin
from environmental elements such as the sun or wind. Women can apply Simple® Protecting Light
Moisturizer with SPF 15 to help them prevent damage from sunburn (even on cloudy days).
• A Serving of Glowing Skin – Though half (50%) claim they’re striving for a healthy diet
specifically to keep skin in good shape, thousands of women are missing out on certain foods that
could work wonders on skin, such as Brussels sprouts (68%), walnuts (62%), salmon (57%) and
• The (Skin) Effects of Stress – Sixty-three percent (63%) know that their stress level affects the
health of their skin, yet more than half (53%) are not actively trying to reduce it right now. Making
a dedicated effort to unplug and unwind can make skin less permeable to external factors like
weather and makeup.
• The Beauty Benefits of Working Out – One in two (50%) are unaware that exercise can
influence their skin’s health. Exercise increases blood flow and helps flush cellular debris out of
one’s system – contributing to the overall appearance of skin.
Among all those Skincare habits being mentioned, I would have to say I lacked on being attentive to the elements on protecting my skin from the sun during winter and cloudy days. I just thought that it's not that sunny enough , that I don't need to put sunscreen on but I was wrong, we need to use a daily moisturizer that has an spf 15 so that it will protect us from the sun ,to prevent damage from sunburn or future sun spots problem. That's why one my favorite Simple Skincare product is their Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer, for it delivers exactly what I need in a moisturizer, it's light but at the same time it locks in moisture in your skin and it doesn't CLOG my pores. I was nervous at first when I tried the moisturizer on because I have big pores especially on the T zone area and my skin is very prone to acne, but as soon as I applied it on my skin, it just glide so smoothly , the creaminess is not really heavy at all and most of all ,it didn't clog my pores. This is the fourth day that I have been using the Simple moisturizer and I never had a single breakout.
Let me to share to you my day and night Simple Skincare routine.
In the morning :
1. Simple Facial Cleanser - I love that it has a foamy consistency for it sinks in deep into your pores leaving your skin fresh and clean.
2. If I will be exposed to the sun that day I use Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer - it just glide so smoothly , the creaminess is not really heavy at all and most of all ,it didn't clog my pores. If I will just be staying in , I use the Simple Nourishing 24 Day/Night Cream - I love that it nourishes your skin 24 hours, leaves your skin moisturized all day without the greasy feeling.
At night :
1. If I had my make up on that day, for the eyes ,I used the Simple Eye Make-Up remover - very gentle on the eyes, it didn't sting , it's not drying and it removed my eye-make up really good. For the face , I used the Simple Facial Wipes - very gentle to the skin and I actually like the smell of this better as compared to Olay facial wipes , and with one sheet it actually removed all my make-up.
2.Simple Facial Cleanser
3. Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer - i love the cooling sensation of this once you put it on, it feels so refreshing to your skin . Also in this gel moisturizer a little goes a long way, I only need a little pea size to moisturized my whole face and the best part of this, is when I woke up the next day and I noticed my skin is not dry nor greasy. It's just simply smooth , moisturized and no break outs. You can also use this during the day too but I just love to put this on at night because I love the cooling sensation on my face while I'm sleeping.
So for you my lovely readers, I would like to share to you Simple Skincare Products by hosting a giveaway ! So , just enter and fill-up on the rafflecopter below and leave a comment below of your email address so I can contact you when you win and Simple will send the products straight to you.
Smile, it's simple !
contest is open to US-readers only
contest is open to US-readers only
disclosure : I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.